Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Final Fantasy 1 - Part 11

Earthgift Shrine we go.

Alrighty, that statue is out of the way. Let's go through the door and... I'm in the middle of the desert? Da fuq?

Well, let's just go straight left. Oh a single palm tree. That's helpful. Another palm tree.  Another palm tree...  Anoth... it's the same palm tree isn't it.  Okay, let's try straight down.

Sweet a chest! And the stairs down? Earthgift Shrine B2!

And now I'm in a cave with no way back up. Weird.

That was a short level, B3!

Somehow shorter... B4! Err... As in I went down the stairs and now I'm in a purple forest with a dude blocking my way. No really!



Luckily they're just Black Goblins. Pushovers.

Whelp, while looking up a map for B4 I found out THIS IS AN OPTIONAL DUNGEON. Ha. There are four bosses featured from Final Fantasy III and a dungeon like this gets opened every time you collect a crystal. I'll go ahead and fight one and see how I do.

That was a long level but finally B5.

Oh snap it's Cerberus!



I beat him! That was pretty tough. Jesse survived with only 2hp.

Oh, lame, I can't go back and try the others without going through the whole thing. Sure, why not?

Ding! (41)  Okay, I made it back. Lets go with NW this time.

A 2-Headed Dragon!? I've made a huge mistake.



Hmm, he hits hard but I think I got this.

I did got this! Heal, save, back to boss #3.

Almost there... Level up! (42)

Time to fight... the Echidna!



That was a bit tougher, but I made it!

Heal, save, last boss!

Ahriman? never heard of these. Flying eyeball monster.



I am the winrar! Yippeeee!  Whelp, that's all there was to Earthgift Shrine. Four pretty tough bosses. Now what the hell am I suppose to do?

Oh right, Crescent Lake. That one place I went to way too early.

Whoa, 12 old dudes just standing around in a forest. They gave me a canoe tho so that's pretty cool. I'm suppose to go to Mount Gulg to take back the Fire Crystal, hells yeah!

"When all four Crystals shine once more, return here." -old dude, Crescent Lake

Oh man, time to explore with my new canoe! Next time...


1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed that you survived!

    I keep dying. FWIW, all the bosses in the optional dungeons are bosses imported from other FF games

    ReplyDelete